Post new topic   Reply to topic    One Twenty One Gigawatts Forum Index -> Sith Inquisitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth_Daisuki

re: Sith Inquisitor Asassin: Tanking

Yeah that would definitely be better... until they force you to be in a different stance for it to prevent just that (or something equally lame). Probably 'working as intended' as far as they are concerned.

Darth_Daisuki wrote:
Yeah from what I was reading (there's a specific mention here):

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Assassin-Jedi-Shadow-Tanking-Compendium?page=36

electric execution doesn't justify the talent point costs so you should be good there!

Frankly all three of the option left at that point are hardly worth the talent points.

1% endurance or 3% charge damage or 3% damage on stunned or knocked down targets is all pretty meh. Makes me wish the trees were 30 points and not 31. Then I could put that point into death field Happy
Darth_Daisuki

Yeah from what I was reading (there's a specific mention here):

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Assassin-Jedi-Shadow-Tanking-Compendium?page=36

electric execution doesn't justify the talent point costs so you should be good there!

Sweet. That's pretty much the build I'm using. I still have 5 levels to go. The only difference is I took the point from Electric Execution and put it in Shroud of Darkness for the endurance.

Thanks for the tips! I dont' have wither yet and I JUST got Harnessed Darkness so I'm learning to keep an eye on all those buffs and debuffs.
Tamoechi

Okay well there are really only two viable tanking builds. Starting out I would suggest going with.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrkkrskbsZZf0cM.1

This is pretty standard and the build I use for both raiding and pvp.

If you want a bit more endurance out of it at the cost of some threat you can drop points from electric execution and thrashing blades and put them into shroud of darkness. But I personally like the extra damage and threat.

For rotation it is pretty simple and is mainly a priority system. Wither and discharge to have the target debuffed thrash to proc energize to shock for more damage and then with three stacks of harnessed darkness force lightning with recklessness when off cooldown. In between use saber strike when needed to keep your force up.

On the pvp side of things you pretty much shock and wither when ever on cooldown to proc 3 stacks of harnessed darkness and force lightning them. I usually run with a focus and not a shield in pvp with my pvp gear pretty much set around defense as the primary state with almost not shielding since it pretty much useless for the most part in pvp.

As an alternative to the build above.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrkkrskbZZf0cRM.1

This is more generated towards pvp damage as darkness then anything else. The system works the same for the most part but you don't have wither but instead have death field which hits and crits for substantially more.

Some people choose to drop harnessed darkness to reach higher into madness but frankly I find that just to be silly. The damage of harnessed darkness and the heal I feel outweigh the meager bit of damage gain from crushing darkness being instant on proc.

I feel lit looses out a bit in pve though because you don't have the 10% damage reduction from wither and for AOE it will typically reduce your threat capabilities since Death field only hits 3 targets.
Kermitdfrag

Ok, I'm getting to that point. I've been messing around as a tank. Do you mind sharing your tanking build and maybe some playing tips?
Darth_Daisuki

If you have any questions hit me up (or Tamachi - he's the top assassin tank dude!) - next patch the priority/rotation is likely to change a bit with the improvement to wither which I am very much looking forward to.

Very nice! I just moved my assassin over to tanking from DPS. This'll be very helpful. Thanks!
Darth_Daisuki

Really good guide here:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Assassin-Jedi-Shadow-Tanking-Compendium

I've read the Force Junkies one as well but this one is more in-depth and appears to be well-maintained.

Jump to: